Urticaria in Ayurveda
If your skin has raised, itchy rashes and pain in the areas like eyes, throat, cheeks, lips, hands, genitals then you may be the sufferer of "Urticaria" which is a very common skin disease. So don't ignore the symptoms and consult your doctor. Urticaria may lead to some serious health complications like difficulty in breathing or allergic reactions to heart and lungs. In the case of chronic urticaria, people are more prone to immune system disorders like systemic lupus erythematous, thyroid disease, rheumatoid arthritis and celiac diseases. With the use of herbs, the problem of urticaria can be managed because herbs have healing properties and show the positive effects on body. However herbs take time to show effects on body but their results are long lasting without any side effects. These are herbs- Haridra (Curcuma longa), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Shirish (Albezzia lebbock), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shirish (Albezzia lebbock), Vasa (Adhatoda vasica), Anantmool (Tylphora asthmatica), Twak (Cinnnamomum zeylanica), Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum), Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum), Haridra (Curcuma longa) which are very beneficial to manage the problem of urticaria and various other skin allergies.
WHAT IS URTICARIA?
Urticaria is also known as hives which appears as raised, itchy rashes on the skin. Hives can of varying shape like round, rings or large patches. This is allergic manifestation on the skin. Generally this condition is uncomfortable for doing daily activities and also interferes with sleep.
Urticaria is classified as:-
- Acute urticaria – It develops suddenly and lasts less than six weeks.
- Chronic urticaria – It occurs in very rare cases, when rashes persist more than six weeks or months or years.
SYMPTOMS OF URTICARIA
- In urticaria, rashes occur on face, arms, trunk and legs.
- There is a condition called as angioedema which occurs in urticaria. Angioedema results in the burning or pain around the areas like eyes, cheeks, lips, hands, genitals and feet may occur in the cases of urticaria.
URTICARIA MAY BE TRIGGERED BY
- Use of certain medications like painkillers (ibuprofen, aspirin) and high blood pressure drugs.
- Sunlight exposure.
- Heat or cold.
- Insect or parasites bites.
- Certain foods.
- Food additives or food preservatives.
CAUSES OF URTICARIA IN AYURVEDA
Urticaria is known as sheet pitta in Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, aggravation of kapha (water) and vata (air) occurs when people come in contact with cold air. It also causes the aggravation of pitta dosha (fire) which spread into the rakta dhatu (blood tissues). Rakta dhatu is vitiated due to excess of pitta. Then aggravated doshas relocate in skin, which causes the urticaria (Sheet pitta).
In Ayurveda, purification of body toxins is an important part to manage the problem of urticaria. Various herbs present in Ayurveda which are packed with healing properties to resolve the skin problems. Herb takes time to show their effects but their effects are long lasting without any side effects.
HERBAL FORMULATIONS FOR URTICARIA BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda provide "Allergy Care Pack" to manage the problem of urticaria. This pack contains the four products which are given below:-
1. ALLER-G CARE
Aller G care capsules are wonderful herbal formulation for urticaria by Planet Ayurveda which are quite beneficial and show the satisfactory results in patients. This herbal product is an amazing blend of various herbs which are given below:-
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) – Haridra is the most common spice used in the Indian kitchens and have great medicinal importance from ancient times. It has anti-inflammatory properties and very helpful to manage the various allergies.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) – Neem is a blood purifier herb thus helps to maintain a healthy skin. It is very effective to provide the relief in the symptoms associated with the urticaria like rashes on skin, pain in around the areas like eyes, cheeks, lips, hands, genitals and feet.
- Shirish (Albezzia lebbock) – Shirish is an important ingredient of Aller – G care capsules and very helpful to resolve the problem of urticaria. It is an effective herb to resolve the various skin problems and also helpful to provide relief in insect bites.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) - Ashwagandha rejuvenating properties are very helpful to resolve the inflammations and allergies in a natural way.
Dosage – 2 capsules two times in a day with plain water.
2. PRAANRAKSHAK CHURNA
Herbal formulation for urticaria by planet Ayurveda contains Praanrakshak churna. This herbal product is prepared by the combination of various herbs which are given below:-
- Shirish (Albezzia lebbock)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Anantmool (Tylphora asthmatica)
- Twak (Cinnnamomum zeylanica)
- Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum)
- Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
Benefits – Herbs which are used in the formulation of Praanrakshak churna are packed with anti allergy, anti inflammatory properties and support the healthy skin. These herbs also help to provide the relief in the symptoms associated with urticaria like rashes on skin and pain in around the areas like eyes, cheeks, lips, hands, genitals and feet. Thus Praanrakshak churna is a very good herbal formulation for urticaria by Planet Ayurveda and various patients are benefitted with this product.
Dosage – One teaspoonful twice in a day with plain water.
3. TULSI CAPSULES
Tulsi capsules are the wonderful formulation of Planet Ayurveda to manage the problem of uticaria. These capsules are 100% pure without any side effects. Tulsi capsules are prepared from the pure extract of herb, Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum).
Benefits - Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum) also known as holy basil and has great importance in Indian tradition. Tulsi is quite beneficial to manage the problems associated with urticaria like itching and redness in skin rashes. It also helps to reduce the inflammation in around the areas like eyes, cheeks, lips, hands, genitals and feet.