Traditional Ayurvedic Massage
Ayurvedic spa treatments are the crème de la crème of the massage world. They've been tried and tested through the ages in India, not only for relaxation, but for health benefits such as improving circulation, toning the muscles, calming the nerves, lubricating the joints, and increasing mental alertness. They are also used for supreme detoxification, skin health, energy, stamina, and better sleep.
There are several key things that make an Ayurvedic massage different from a regular massage. From the training of the masseuse to the long-lasting effects, here are some of the things that set Ayurvedic massages apart from the rest.
- Healing Arts Masters. The therapists at the Chopra Center are trained in all the traditional massage therapies before going through extensive and on-going Ayurvedic training to perfect their craft.
- Special Ayurvedic Oils. Carefully crafted organic oil blends are infused with Ayurvedic herbs and heated to the perfect temperature to promote relaxation and detoxification. At the right temperature, these special oils enter through the skin and pores, bind to the Ama (toxins), and are released to purify the body.
- Intention. Depending on the treatment, an Ayurvedic therapist focuses on clearing the energy channels in the body, moving and dislodging toxins, and balancing the chakras (energy centers). A simple shift in intention from rubbing the muscles to clearing the physical and energetic pathways can be the difference between a relaxing massage and a life-changing event.
- Sensation. The strokes and movements in Ayurvedic massage are more connected and vigorous, yet never painful. This increases circulation and lymphatic drainage … and feels utterly blissful. Most recipients leave feeling energized and rejuvenated.
- Benefits. Primarily, these unique treatments are intended to make the energy flow properly in the body, clear all physiological and energetic pathways, and reduce stress.
Turn your next massage into an Ayurvedic treatment. Here are the top five most luxurious Ayurvedic spa treatments available.