Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants
India has a rich country for the uses of Ayurvedic medicinal plants for treatment and also the north- Karnataka boasts an unparallel diversity of medicinal plants. The present study attempts to estimate and compare the level of trace and heavy metals in some selected leaves and root samples of Ayurvedic medicinal plants such as Mg, Al, K, Cr, Mn, Fe, Cu, Zn, and Cd. The samples are collected from different places of North-Karnataka regions and sample solutions prepared as the ratio of 1:25:25+950ml=1000ppm.the trace and heavy elemental concentration was estimated using Atomic Absorption Spectrometric (AAS) Method. The average concentrations of Mg, Mn, Fe and Zn, are ranging from 2ppm to 5250.2ppm and potassium (K) has more concentration as compare to all other. The other elements likes Al, Cr, Cu, and Cd were also estimed and presented in the table. Therefore, these medicinal plants are rich in some essential minerals, especially K, Mg, Mn, Fe and Zn which are essential for human health
- 1. V. Subhose et al., Bull Indian Inst Hist Med Hyderbad., 35: 83 (2005).
- 2. B. R. Morabad, B. R. Kerur, M. T. Lagare, S. A. Kumar, Anal. Chem. , 535–539 (2009).
- 3. T. Mythili1 and R. Ravindhran Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol , Issue 4, 2012, 179–182,
- 4. Prakash B N, Pradeepa M, Sowmya S, Nagarajan M, Padma Venkatasubramanian, Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol , No 28 (2014)
- 5. Bhavtosh Sharma and Shweta Tyagi, Journal of Laboratory Chemical Education 2013, 1(3): 54–58,
- 6. R. Annalakshmi1, R. Uma, G. Subash Chandran, C. Savariraj Sahayam and A. Charles J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour, 2012, 2 (4):490–493,
- 7. Research Journal of Chemical Sciences Res.J.Chem.Sc, ISSN 2231-606XVol. 2(3), 46–51, March (2012).
- 8. World Health Organization, Quality Control Methods for Medicinal Plant Materials, WHO Geneva Switzerland. 1998.
- 9. Global Journal of Pharmacology 6 (3): 245–251, 2012 ISSN 1992-0075,
- 10. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol. 3 (04), pp. 054– Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 6, Suppl 3, 2013, 132–137,