* The Most Popular Therapy in Ayurveda.
Experience the most divine ancient Ayurvedic ritual to rest and calm the mind at Ayurveda Wellness Center & Holistic Spa - Shirodhara. A steady flow of warm oil onto the forehead stimulates the pituitary gland, or "third-eye." This is one of the most divine therapies, awakening your body’s intuitive knowledge.
"Shiro, " means head, and "dhara" is the continuous flow of a liquid. In this process, warm herbal oils, milk or buttermilk, or decoctions are poured in a slow steady stream on your forehead. This treatment is profoundly relaxing, nourishing. It will improve your mental clarity and comprehension.
Benefits of Shirodhara
- Stimulates the 3rd eye and crown chakras, and awakens intuition and inner wisdom
- Relieves stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia through natural serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin release
- Helps mental focus and concentration
- Balances VATA DOSHA
- Works on the cerebral system, helps to relax the nervous system, and balances the 'Praan Vaayu' (life force energy) around the head
- Improves the sensitivity of five senses
- Reduces and relieves migraine headaches
- Decreases hair loss and fatigue and makes one calm and refreshed
- Deeply relaxes mind and body
- Releases negative emotions and thought patterns.
- Improves sleep patterns
- Rejuvenates the entire face and softens worry lines
- Heightens the senses
- Increases spiritual awareness
- Pacifies vata reducing anxiety, restlessness, irritability, nervousness, fear & excessive thinking
- Improves mental focus and concentration.
These benefits are further enhanced after a massage or Abhyanga, when the body is already relaxed and in a receptive state.
Duration and Cost of Shirodhara (Includes head, neck, shoulder and knee down feet massage)
Duration: 60 minutes,
Compelete Shirodhara ( Full body Abhyanga ayurvedic massage 60 min, Steam and Shirodhara)
Duration: 2 hours
Please note - Oil is generously applied during Abhyanga session and also all of our ayurveda therapies. Shirodhara session makes hair VERY oily. Please do not plan social events or outdoor events after your Ayurevda/ Shirodhara/ Panchakarma session. Try to rest staying indoor. You may shower after 2 hours after shirodhra to remove oil from hair as it is recommended to keep oil on the body for minimum 2 hours (ideally 24 hours) as it continues to heal cells after the therapy.